Chinese agriculture seen through the eyes of new farmer
It is normally not an easy decision for those born and raised in the city to start a new life in the countryside. Yet Shi Yan, who holds a doctorate from Renmin University of China, decided to settle down in a Beijing suburb as she wants to explore a new model for Chinese agriculture.
Despite plain clothes and calm composure, her steely resolution is obvious, and after listening to her story, you too will agree that she means business.
Watch the video to know more about this pioneering woman.
This is the fifth in our series New China at 70.
Today's Top News
- Violence and vandalism strongly condemned in HK
- China, Solomon Islands establish diplomatic relations
- China-US hold talks in Washington
- China welcomes ties with Kiribati
- Baby gets new heart in Wuhan
- Fair, objective investigation of attack needed